Terms of Service
TimeBanks USA Terms of Service
TimeBanking is designed to encourage connections between community members on the basis that everyone has something to give and everyone has needs. TimeBank members commit to "give and receive" using Time Credits earned and spent. The "golden rule" of TimeBanking is this: An hour of my time is equal to an hour of your time. One hour of service given earns one time credit. For one hour of service received, pay one time credit.
A commitment to the core values helps people to get into the spirit of TimeBanking and helps keep that spirit alive.
- Assets: Everyone has something to offer;
- Redefining Work: Building home, family and community is valued work;
- Reciprocity: Encouraging givers to receive – and receivers to give – builds trust and resiliency and sharing;
- Community: We are stronger together;
- Respect: Respect is the root of equality.
I understand that the function of Dunedin TimeBank is to facilitate the exchange of services within the community in the spirit of the core values of TimeBanking. It is my responsibility to use the same caution I would in other circumstances to get to know a person, make reference checks, and use my instincts before engaging with another TimeBank participant - especially for babysitting, elder care, and driving.
I understand that any agreements shall be made solely by and between parties involved in this transaction. TimeBanks USA and Dunedin TimeBank will not be held responsible and will not assume any liability for claims, damages, or any other consequences which may arise from this arrangement.
I understand that TimeBanks USA and Dunedin TimeBank shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information contained on this web site or any other TimeBank resources. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties who facilitate or participate in TimeBank exchanges.
I agree that this site is not to be used for buying and selling and trading in illegal goods and services.
This site provides information that may reveal aspects of members’ lives that they wish to keep private. For that reason, I pledge not to reveal any of the contents of this site that are associated with any members’ personal information.
I understand that I will receive messages from other members of my TimeBank through this web site. Notification of such messages will be sent to the email address I have registered with. I also understand that I will receive newsletters, broadcasts and alerts for my TimeBank from my Coordinator(s) through this web site.
I have read these guidelines and agreements and I agree to abide by these core values, rules, and guidelines provided by TimeBanks USA and Dunedin TimeBank for proper and courteous behavior. I pledge to proceed with good intent towards being of service to others in my community and treat others in the TimeBank with respect and kindness.
Dunedin TimeBank Terms of Service
Last revised: 7/11/2018
I agree to always treat others safely – both physically and emotionally – to the best of my ability.
I understand that it is solely my responsibility to protect my own safety when interacting with others contacted via Dunedin TimeBank. For safety, Dunedin TimeBank strongly recommends:
- Meeting in a public place when first meeting with a TimeBank member (if you bring any others with you when meeting, please agree this with the other TimeBank member in advance).
- Following your instincts and choosing to interact only with those you feel comfortable with.
- That before engaging any TimeBank member to work with anyone under 18 years old, people with disabilities, elderly people or anyone else potentially vulnerable, that you get character references and safety information from the person engaged to work (e.g. proof of identity, Police Check/Ministry of Justice report.)
Dunedin TimeBank recommends discussing and agreeing clearly in writing (e.g. via email) your expectations and the other member’s expectations for each TimeBank interaction before work is started. Expectations should include:
- The approximate timeframe of the work
- Hazards and risks identified, if any, and means to eliminate or mitigate them
- Expected outcome – including the quality of work expected
- Boundaries within which the work should be done (specific things not to do, etc.)
- Resources available to support the work (e.g. transportation, tools, reference material)
- Agreement of whether travel time is to be included in the exchange
I intend to make every effort to attend a TimeBank orientation session (approximately 60 minutes).
If I have a complaint, I will follow the Dunedin TimeBank Complaints Policy & Procedure.
I understand that Dunedin TimeBank has the power to disable and/or remove members for:
- Reasons of safety, or
- Breach of these Terms of Service (including the TimeBank USA Terms of Service)
I understand that Dunedin TimeBank has the power to appoint a Guardian Angel to any member. A Guardian Angel is a Dunedin TimeBank member who will look after the given Dunedin TimeBank member and can manage their online Dunedin TimeBank profile and online communications. Any member without their own email address must have a Guardian Angel to facilitate communication with other Dunedin TimeBank members, and log exchanges.
I understand that I am able to provide feedback on any exchanges to Dunedin TimeBank, and that Dunedin TimeBank encourages this.